Hello SM North band family!
Looking forward to getting the school year going with music! Thanks to everyone for making our summer rehearsals a huge success. Special shout out to Amy Hall and all band parents who helped with outdoor activities, water, uniforms, etc.
A few bullet points for everyone:
– students, PLEASE double check your class schedule to make sure you’re in the correct band class. Once school begins later this week, it’s really difficult to change anything.
– Varsity and JV band, we will not play instruments on Friday, Aug. 12th
– blocks 3 and 4 jazz bands, we WILL play on the first day of school, Aug. 12th so please bring your instruments.
– varsity band will meet Monday evenings from 6:30-8:30PM in the stadium. Watch for ReMind notifications if we ever move locations. There are a total of 8 Monday evenings rehearsals, with the first one on Monday, Aug. 15th.
– varsity band will meet at 6:45AM every Monday/Wednesday/Friday morning at 6:45AM in the stadium. Watch for ReMind notifications if we ever move locations. The first early rehearsal will be Wednesday, Aug. 17th.
-band shirts have been ordered and should arrive soon. If possible, please make sure you’ve paid your band expenses if you haven’t already done so ($125 varsity, $75 JV, $50 dance team). If you need to pay this later, just email me and let me know!
– The 2nd Orlando, FL installment is due on Monday, August 15th. If you haven’t registered for this trip, you still can, but that window will be closed within a few weeks. Please contact me if you still want to go!
Band expenses and trip payments can be made online at www.smnorthbands.org and clicking “Group Member Payments” or you can mail a check made payable to Shaw-Mi-No to the following address:
Booster treasurer- Melinda Duckworth
8209 W 58th ST
Merriam, KS 66202
– we will have a way for you to login at www.charmsoffice.com to view payments/balances/fundraising activity for band expenses and the Orlando trip, but it’s not ready just yet. Stay tuned!
– here is a message from our fundraising chair, Ms. Kronawitter. Please read the attachment that states various details, such as the turn in night of Monday, Aug. 29th.
Hello North Band Families,
As you all know, the marching band will be taking a trip to Florida over winter break. Therefore, we wanted to provide some additional fundraising opportunities for those that are interested. On Thursday, we kicked off our Bags for Bucks fundraiser. If you weren’t able to attend the picnic/meeting on Thursday evening and/or didn’t receive the paperwork, attached please find the information letter, as well as the order form. This is a great, easy fundraiser to participate in – for every roll sold at $15, your band kid will receive $6.50 applied to their individual account. Those funds can then be used for the upcoming band trip, or yearly band fees. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me at [email protected].
If you haven’t done so already, please enroll for any ReMind codes that apply to you. We use ReMind for last minute announcements and updates:
ReMind phone number 81010
Varsity band, student last name A-L: @vmbbison1
Varsity band, student last name M-Z: @vmbbison2
JV band: @jvbison1
Varsity drumline (battery & front ensemble): @dbison1
Student staff (all seniors and section leaders): ssbison1
Again, Ms. Fillingham and I are really excited about the upcoming school year. We’re looking forward to seeing everyone this week!