Beginning tomorrow (July 26th), all rehearsals (except the two evening varsity drumline rehearsals) will begin in the stadium. In case of inclement weather, we will use the ReMind app to notify everyone we’re moving into the band room. If you don’t get a text, we will always plan to meet in the stadium.
Things to do/bring/wear for outdoor rehearsals:
-A one gallon (hopefully somewhat insulated) water container, filled with ice and water.
-shorts and T-shirt
– tennis shoes with socks(NO flip flops or sandals, you can’t really march in those)
– sunscreen, to be applied before rehearsal begins
-Also, PLEASE eat some sort of breakfast before arriving. Protein is best, as little sugar as possible. If necessary, I would suggest no more than one cup of coffee. Also, I would suggest little to no soda drinks.
– get a full night of sleep before rehearsals, and hydrate when you get home.
-Beginning this Thursday (July 28th), varsity marchers should bring a lunch, or money to eat at local fast food near North. Students can either ride with other students, or walk. Students will have 90 minutes for lunch each day.
-Please bring your instrument every day. If you don’t have your marching instrument yet, we will get that to you upon arrival. You will also receive new music upon arrival.
-JV/new marchers students, we plan on splitting time outside with playing in the shade or even indoors, depending on temperature.
– varsity students, we plan to be outside in the morning, and inside in the afternoon. If it gets too hot in the morning, we’ll move to shaded areas.
Please feel free to email or text me with any questions or updates (car trouble, feeling sick, etc). Please do NOT respond to a ReMind text.
-Another reminder to give us your T-shirt size with this G form. Parents, you can order additional shirts with the same link:
– Please take care of your band expense ASAP if you haven’t done so already. (VARSITY $125, JV $75, dance team $50). The easiest way is to play online at www.smnorthbands.org and click “group member payments”.
We’re looking forward to seeing everyone in the coming days…we’re so excited to see everyone and make some music.