Final instructions before varsity band conditioning/rehearsals:
Monday, Aug. 17- new varsity marchers and section leaders
Tues-Fri, Aug. 18-21- all varsity marchers
Sat & Monday, Aug. 22 & 24- all varsity percussion
All students are required to bring: tennis shoes with socks (no flip flops) mask, water bottle, instrument. All students are encouraged to bring flip folder/lyre (if a returning student), hat, sun screen, sun glasses.
All students should report to the stadium entrance to check in. Upon arrival, you’ll be asked the following questions, via QR code with your cell phone (we’ll have an I-pad if you don’t have a phone):
1. In the past 24 hours, have you had any of the following symptoms?
Fever (temperature of 100 or above)*
Shortness of breath Fatigue
New loss of taste/smell Runny nose, congestion
Sore throat Muscle or body aches
Headache Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
*If you do not have access to a thermometer, please contact the school nurse for assistance.
2. If the answer is YES to any of the above listed symptoms, STAY HOME and monitor for 24 hours. If the symptoms persist, contact your healthcare provider.
3. In the past 14 days, have you been within 6 feet of someone for 10 minutes or greater who was diagnosed with COVID-19? If the answer is YES, stay home and contact your school nurse for additional instructions.
4. In the past 14 days, have you had contact with the mucous/saliva of someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? If the answer is YES, stay home and contact your school nurse for additional instructions.
5. Are you asymptomatic, but waiting on results from a COVID test? If so, stay home until you have your test results. Notify your school nurse of your results before returning to school.
6. Have you traveled to a location requiring quarantine? If the answer is YES, quarantine (stay home) for 14 days and monitor for symptoms. If symptoms develop, stay home and contact your primary healthcare provider.
Once you check in, you will be directed to the upper football field, which is behind the stadium. If you have your personal instrument (or need to check a school instrument out) or flip folder that is currently in the band room, you will be directed to the band room to retrieve those items. Students will be allowed in the band room, one at a time, to retrieve these items.
Although rehearsal begins at 8:00AM, we will be ready to begin the check in process at 7:30.<webextlink://Although%20rehearsal%20begins%20at%208:00AM,%20we%20will%20be%20ready%20to%20begin%20the%20check%20in%20process%20at%207:30.> Please, if you are able, arrive on the early side (closer to 7:30). This will facilitate the check in process so we can begin playing as soon as possible. We will begin on the upper field for music rehearsal. We will then transfer to the main stadium field around 9:15AM for conditioning and marching rehearsal. We will wrap up every day at 11:00AM.
A couple other rules, as set by the district:
-Parents and alum are not allowed to stay and watch, even to help
– students should remain 6 feet apart at all times.
-masks are to be worn before and after rehearsal. Masks can be taken off while playing or during intense physical activity.
– students should not car pool
– students cannot share water, so it’s important to remember your own water bottle.
OK, having said all that, WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SEE EVERYONE NEXT WEEK! Please email me with any scheduling conflicts. I am aware some cross country and football students will be a little late, as those camps are going on at the same time. Please get some exercise in this weekend, rest up and we’ll see you soon.